Monday 8 April 2013

Easter Shopping

Easter holidays, 2 weeks off school, plenty of time for shopping!

Ok, so I was supposed to be revising which I did but online shopping is such a distraction. Also I still have gift cards from Christmas which I really should spend. My Easter holidays have finished now, although I know many people still have another week, so here's a collection of thing I brought during my two week holiday.

Missguided.co.uk: This is my favourite shop to order from! I buy from here so much, the clothes just look amazing and are good quality. If I could own very item from the site I would!

Play-suit onesie: I think this is just adorable. It's a onesie, but short! The fabric is really soft and comfy to wear, plus burgundy is one of my favourite colours. There is a range of colours it comes in and there is an alternative style without 'GEEK' written across the front. If you aren't keen on onesies or just think they're a bit odd, I really recommend you try one. I used to think 'why would you wear an oversized baby grow? Why would you do that?' But when you put one on, your opinion just changes immediately; they are ridiculously comfortable!

T-shirt: I thought this would be great for casual spring days as its lightweight, oversized and goes perfectly with a pair of shorts or jeans. The fabric is soft and would definitely buy another colour from the large selection available. The downside is that it looks fairly masculine, in fact, I have seen a guy in a shirt identical to mine. Which is a bit embarrassing but if you accessorise it should look good.

Shoes: I've never really been keen on this style of shoe but thought I'd try it for school as my pumps have been hurting my feet. I like the design on them and they look good on, but I'm not sure how well they'll go with my uniform. Also, when trying them on they started hurting my feet. I often find shoes hurt my feet and finding shoes that don't is rare, especially for school.

Newlook: I received many gift cards for my Birthday and Christmas which I hadn't spent so I thought it would be a good idea for a shopping spree.

Socks: Newlook always have a 3 for 2 offer on socks which I take most times I shop there. The designs are always cute and fun and the socks are long lasting. What's not to love?

Bracelets: I currently find myself with hardly any jewelry so, keen to change this, I brought this lovely collection of bead and chain bracelets. I'm a massive fan of the monochrome trend which is what attracted me to these bracelets. I really like them and they go with most items.

Bag: For awhile now I've been looking for a little satchel bag that I could use often and looked good with most clothes I own. I have been using the same small bag for about three years now and it's about time I replaced it. I wasn't sure about the tan colour but now I'm happy with it. Bags like these are perfect for your purse and phone.

Skorts: Probably one of the oddest pieces of clothing ever created, shorts are not something I ever thought I would own. However, I absolutely love them! The brightly coloured tribal print is not something I usually go for but the carnival vibe I get from it is really nice.

Lipstick: Barry M is well known for its candy coloured make up and I use their nail polishes. I decided to try a lipstick from their range but I'm not keen. I brought the shade baby pink which was a mistake, it is far too light for me. And maybe because of this, the coverage isn't particularly great. Maybe a darker colour would be better but I think I will stick to nail products when it comes to Barry M.




Other:

Company Magazine: I not sure why it has taken me so long to buy a copy of Company but I'm glad I did. It is written in a friendly style and they really know about fashion and music. I don't often find reading enjoyable but the content was really interesting.

DVD: 500 Days of Summer is a film that I have been wanting to watch for a long time so when I found it really cheap in HMV I just had to buy it. I know many people love this film and I'm joining them, it's one of those films where one minute you're smiling and the next you feel like you want to cry.

Music downloads: Two songs that I downloaded are 'Need U (100%)' by Duke Dumont feat. A*M*E, which hit number 1 this weekend, and 'Stay Out EP' by Nina Nesbitt. All are new artist on the music scene and after these tracks I really can't wait to hear more from them.




Hope you have enjoyed your holidays!

Tasmin x

No comments:

Post a Comment