Sunday 26 May 2013

Revision Playlist

Miss Vogue, stop distracting me!

I'm on study leave at the moment, which means I've been revising a lot! Nothing gets me through revision better than music. I need it to drown out background noise otherwise I find it difficult to concentrate. However, whenever a great song pops up, I will sing along uncontrollably. I usually stick on BBC Radio 1 as they play the best music of any radio station I've ever heard. Also the presenters are genuinely funny and enjoyable to listen too. Here's a list of my favourite tunes I've been revising to:

Diane Young- Vampire Weekend: This is my favourite song at the moment. It's got a really catchy beat that makes me want to jump up and dance (hey, a girls allowed a break from revision!) I get a music festival vibe from this track which reminds me of a local one I went to last year. It may not of been big like Reading but nether the less it was fun. It's not on this year so no music festival for me. **sad-face**

Lightning Bolt- Jake Bugg: TUNE. That is all.

Get Lucky- Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams: Number 1 in the UK for 4 weeks! You can't argue with that. I get this disco vibe from this track which is a good motivator for study.

Panic Chord- Gabrielle Aplin: This is such a lovely song. Much more peaceful then anything else on my list. It really helps me, ironically, keep calm when struggling with tricky topics.

Can't Hold Us- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton: I love this guy, he is amazing! So talented. It was going to be hard to follow up Thrift Shop but Macklemore has done almost effortlessly. I hope to see an album soon!

Waiting All Night- Rudimental feat. Ella Eyre: Who doesn't love this song. Rudimental just never get it wrong. Flawless. Can't stop listening to it.

Blurred Lines- Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell Williams: The lyrics are cringe, rude and ever so cheesey but that's what makes this song so amazing. I'm sure this one will top the chart soon!

Pompeii- Bastille: One of the best songs of 2013 so far, it's a must have for revision. Really helps me speed through sections of difficult science.

I Need Your Love- Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding: Every revision playlist needs this song, or at least a Calvin Harris song. When revising, you need a beat that is going to make you to do something, a track that will give you the energy to stop being lazy and get some work done. This song does it for me. Also, Ellie Goulding is fab on this track.

Next Year- Two Door Cinema Club: These guys are quickly becoming one of my favourite bands. I love this song, I find the beat just contagious!

So there you go. With this playlist, revision will fly by and not seem so dull!

So what songs are on your playlist at the mo? I would love to know what songs you find help you get through a tonn of revision/work.

Tasmin x

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel, I just did a post called my sunday mix tape and they are all of the songs I have been using to help me blast through. good luck in your exams chicken! xx

    http://theadventuresofhann.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love reading your Sunday mix tape! Xx

      Delete