Monday 29 July 2013

Garnier Body Intensive 7days


As you may have read back in June, I purchased Garnier's latest moisturiser to find out what all the fuss was about. I often suffer from very dry skin on my legs which can be a nightmare if I want to wear shorts in the summer; it's just not very attractive. My previous one just wasn't working with my skin and the intensively hydrating tag line on the bottle was very intriguing. I also have seen so bloggers rave about this and the hand cream version so I thought it was worth a shot.

Sorry I didn't do this review closer to the date of purchase but I really wanted to give this moisturiser a good testing before a formed my final opinion of it. Usually, I buy the product, try it once or twice then write my review without a thorough trial of it. This means that occasionally my opinion changes and my review is no longer accurate about the product. Especially as this is a product that I see as essential for everyday care, I really wanted to make the effort and write an accurate review. I think I may do this with more products in the future as I do want to create accurate, in depth posts about the products I try to help you decided whether they are right for you.

Garnier's Intensive 7days body moisturiser boasts a hydrating formula with L-Bifidus and Aloe Vera. I know what your thinking, L-Bifidus? It helps to reinforce your skins protective barrier in order to lock in moisture. This is Garnier's own innovation and, as far as I know, no other product has it. Added with Aloe Vera which is well known for its nourishing abilities, the science alone tells you that your skin is going to love you for this.

Right, geeky time over, now time to focus on the product itself. It has a very light, almost watery consistency which has the very well known scent of Aloe Vera. As stated on the bottle, it is fast absorbing and I find a little can go a long way. It's great as you don't fell greasy after applying which I find many others do. I don't feel I have to put on tonnes to get results either which is a bonus and can save money. 

I use it twice daily which is recommended to get the best results. I am so pleased with the results too. My dry skin cleared up almost completely within the first week of use. Although I am keen to test out Garnier's bold claim of 7 day hydration after last use, I'm not quite brave enough at the moment. Not during the summer, maybe in the autumn. I've been using it for 5-6 weeks now religiously and I'm running low. It's so inexpensive that I'm surprised its lasted this long as I tend to over do it with moisturisers.

I am in love with this moisturiser as it does everything it's supposed to do and does it well. Cheap as chips and works wonders, what more could you possibly want! Intensive 7days is aimed at normal skin, however I believe if you suffer from relatively dry skin from time to time like me, this is perfect for you. Also suitable for sensitive skin means that even I can benefit from the results with my skin getting irritated. I'm so impressed with the results and I know you will be too. 

However, if you have severely dry or sensitive skin, Garnier haven't forgotten about you. Their range contains different strength formulas that benefit those with sensitive, dry or even extra dry skin. If this is you, I think they will be well worth a try. 

I hope this has been helpful to you as this product has helped me greatly.

Tasmin x

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, I never liked Garnier. Touch the wood, summer time my body doesn't get dry but autumn/spring does and in winter is nightmare. I guess I could try it atleast =)

    p.s. I never liked reading beauty products reviews from the blogs that I follow. For some reason it puts me off. But I just love reading yours! I always look forward to your lovely posts =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, Garnier products don't tend to work on my skin so I was surprised this worked so well. Thank you, I'm so glad that you like reading my posts. Xx

      Delete