Sunday 22 September 2013

All The Liebster Awards

I'm starting to think this situation may be getting a little out of hand. I have been nominated far more many times than I think I deserve. I appreciate it so much, thank you all so much for nominating, I'm so flattered that you like reading my blog and it means so much to me. As I've done this tag so many times, I usually just write my answers to your questions in the comments. But I feel this is a little unfair as you could of nominated anyone and you chose me, and the payback you get is one extremely long comment instead of a whole post that you instructed me to write. And for that, I am sorry. It just gets a bit much to write a post every time and nominate another 10 or 11 (I've noticed this differs from blog to blog) wonderful bloggers to do the same. It's just not physically possible every time. So, I've decided to group my most recent ones here to truly thank those who nominated me.

This is going to be a long one so if you just don't have the time to sit and read this, I totally understand, you are free to go. So, if you're sticking around, here we go!

First up, and my most recent nominator, Sarah from Silk and Kiss:

I think this is a new part of the Liebster awards, but Sarah has instructed that I give 10 facts about myself and then answer her questions. So here we go:

1. My name is Tasmin.
2. I am from a little island called Guernsey. It's part of a group of British island called the Channel Island as is far south of England and not far off the west coast of France.
3. I've just started sixth form and I am currently studying art, psychology,photography and maths at AS Level. So far it's been good.
4. At only 5ft3, I am fairly short.
5. I started ballet aged four and still continue to do it. I love dance and its a fun way to exercise. I also do modern dance and tap.
6. My star sign is Scorpio.
7. My favourite season is autumn.
8. I have far too many fears than is healthy, including dogs, fire and daddy long legs (if you've never heard of them, lucky you. They are the creepiest insects ever!)
9. I'm a chocoholic, I eat so much chocolate! 
10. I have no idea what I want to do in the future. There are so many careers to choose from and none really appeal to me. I'm worried by the time I finally know what I want to do, it'll be too late and I won't be able to do it.

And now Sarah's questions:

1) What made you want to start a blog?
When I was younger, I used to read a lot of celebrity blogs and sort of stopped for some reason. So I started to try and get back into it.
2) Do you watch YouTubers and if so who's your favourite?
I watch so many YouTubers! I don't think I can pick favourites. I love Dan and Phil, they are really funny. Zoella, obviously, she's a fantastic YouTuber and blogger as is Louise (Sprinkle of Glitter). Troye Sivan is also amazing. Gosh there's so many more I love too but I'll be here all day.
3) What’s your all-time favourite movie?
Can I cheat and have two? 27 Dresses is pretty much my all time favourite, I've watched it so many times and it just doesn't get old. I also love The Proposal. They both just put a smile on my face. 
4) When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did you do it?
I wanted to be so much when I was younger, including a zoo keeper and a fashion designer. None of which I have achieved yet. But, I don't really know what job I want to do in the future.
5) If you were on a desert island, what 3 beauty items would you take with you?
Oh gosh, this is hard. Definitely my Maybelline Colossal Volum' mascara as it it the best. A red lipstick, not sure exactly which one but I'm a sucker for red lipstick. A third, hmm, eyeliner. Do love a good eye liner.
6) What quality do you find most attractive in others?
Positivity. There is nothing worse than someone who just moans about absolutely everything. Life's not that bad so smile a little more.
7) What’s something you regret, and how would you change it if you could?
I can't think of anything off of the top of my head. I think we all occasionally say stuff we don't mean and end up hurting someone. I would apologise, get them some chocolate or something. I would never intentionally hurt someone and feel extremely bad if I do.
8)  What are your three most favorite things to do?
Dance- it's so much fun.
Art- I love turning a blank sheet into a piece of art. It fascinates me and is really rewarding.
Blogging- I love being able to share my thoughts and opinions with people who actually want to know what I have to say. Things like this show that others like what I do and it feels so rewarding and I appreciate my readers so much.
9) What’s your life dream?
Is is bad that I don't have one. I've always dreamed of having a career in fashion so maybe that would be my life dream.
10) How was your day?
It's been good, although I haven't done a lot. Just some photography coursework and some blogging. Nothing much really.

I was also nominated by Caitlin but her blog has been removed so I can't find her questions or my answers which is a shame. However, I believe these are her questions, if not, sorry about that but thank you very much Caitlin.

1. Where would you most like to travel to?
Anywhere in America. I'm so fascinated by that Country.
2. What do you like the most about blogging?
The community- everyone is really kind and friendly. I also love being able to share my ideas and opinions with people who want to read as I don't known many people who share my interests.
3. Who are your favourite bloggers and why?
I'm a big fan of Zoella. She is just a genuinely lovely person who you cannot dislike.
4. What is your dream career?
I don't really have one. Something in fashion or blogging maybe as I love blogging.
5. What are your wardrobe essentials?
Skinny jeans- I don't think that any wardrobe is complete without at least one pair of skinny jeans.
6. Who is your favourite musician?
This is a hard one. Right now, I'm a little obsessed with Rizzle Kicks. I've just downloaded their new album and its amazing! Love it!
7. What is your favourite movie?
Either The Proposal or 27 Dresses. They always make me smile.
8. Who inspires you the most?
Another hard one. I think Jameela Jamil inspires me the most. She isn't afraid to voice her opinion and has not let life's difficulties stop her from reaching her dream. Or Fearne Cotton, they both have similar careers that I think are insanely cool.
9. Docs or Converses?
Converses- I own quite a few.
10. What do you think about fashion?
Love it! I find it so interesting and I love clothing. I could spend hours going through every rail in clothing stores. Is that normal? Probably not...

My next set of questions were asked by the lovely Mel of It's Me Mel.

1. What was your most used product this summer?

I think I've used my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer as it hides blemishes all day, even in the insane heat we had this summer.
2. What is your favourite make-up product?
Maybelline's Colossal Volum' mascara. To me, it's the best. 
3. Did you go anywhere this summer?
Unfortunately I didn't. But, Guernsey is surrounded by beautiful beaches and views so it wasn't too bad.
4. What is your favourite hobby?
Dance. Can't wait to get back to it after the summer break.
5. Christmas is soon coming up! Asking for anything particular?
Gosh, I don't tend to even think about Christmas until after my birthday. I honestly don't know. An iPhone would be great though! Haha!
6. What is your favourite clothing store?
On the high street, I'd have to say Miss Selfridge. They stock the style of clothing that I really love. Online has to be Miss Guided- effortlessly cool clothing.
7. What do you have more of an interest in? Nails, make-up or hair?
Nails. I'm terrible with hair and not all that good with make-up. I do love painting my nails.
8. What is your favourite animal?
This is a hard one. Meerkats, they are so cute!
9. What is your favourite dinner?
Pasta! My all time favourite is pasta in a cheesy sauce plus bacon and onion. Mmmmm, yum!
10. False nails or natural?
Natural. I've never worn false nails but I can imagine they would be quite annoying.
11. What skincare product/s do you use?
I use far too many products on my skin. I use the Garnier Pure Active Exfo-Brusher Wash- a very weird concept that I'm not all that keen on, Clean & Clear Morning Energy facial scrub- smells amazing, and Clean& Clear exfoliating daily wash- smell a bit like baby oil and leaves my skin feeling really soft. I also use Burt's Bees Radiance day cream as a moisturiser. 

The final set of questions are from Jennifer of Silly Little Pictures.


1. What's your favourite go to outfit?
Well, at the moment, it's my colourful Aztec print skort with a white vest and a blue cardigan. It's comfy, casual and totally summery.
2. What's in your bag right now?
I went out yesterday so my bags a bit if a mess. But, right now I have my phone, wallet, bus tickets, lip balm, concealer, bus timetable, an empty juice bottle, keys and my sunglasses. Nothing exciting.
3. Where is your favourite place to visit?
I love visiting Jersey as its so close and quite similar to my island Guernsey but it has more shops therefore a bigger variety of places to shop.
4. What are you currently obsessed with?
I. Currently obsessed with Rimmel's Nail Nurse. It's a top and base coat which strengthens and moisturises your nails. I am so impressed by it and has really improved the quality of my nails. I don't paint my nails without it anymore.
5. What is your favourite trend from A/W 13?
I'm actually quite a fan of the punk trend. It's so 90's and I remember wanting to wear this style of clothes when I was younger. I'd never go full out punk but I like the edgy style.
6. What is your favourite TV program right now?
New Girl: it's just so funny!
7. What are you currently playing on repeat?
There's a few that I currently really like at the moment. But, I've been hitting repeat on YouTube for Can We Dance by The Vamps. It's really catchy and I won't deny it, I like them.
8. What high street store do you visit most?
Probably New Look or Miss Selfridge as there isn't a huge variety of shops where I live.
9. How much would you usually spend on a shopping spree?
I try to restrict myself to £60 but I'm usually well behaved when on a shopping spree.
10. Where do you usually shop online?
Missguided.co.uk as it's my favourite clothing site. Effortlessly cool clothing.
11. What fashion magazines do you usually read?
I occasionally pick up a Vogue but I always pick up a Company magazine. Is that a fashion mag? I'm not sure, they do have fashion articles in it.


I think that is all of them. Sorry if I missed anyone out. Well done if you've read all of this. Comment if you have, I'd love to know if anyone has bothered to read all of this! If you have, give yourself a pat on the back! :)

Thank you again for nominating me! I really appreciate it and feel so honoured that you think I'm deserving of the nomination.

Tasmin x

7 comments:

  1. Aww you did it! Sorry if it took up your time but I really do love your blog haha. And I too love all those YouTubers. Do you watch CutiePieMarzia? I think you'd like her if you don't watch her already. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Don't worry, you didn't take up my time I really wanted to do it and I enjoyed it. I don't watch CutiePirMarzia but I think I will look her now! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, an aww I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it :D hope you like her videos, be sure to let me know hehe :) xxx

      Delete
    2. She's so adorable, great recommendation! :) Xx

      Delete
    3. She really is the cutest, glad you like her and thank you :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Congrats! Great post, know more about you =)

    ReplyDelete