Saturday 22 February 2014

First Year of Blogging


One year ago, I posted arguably the worst first blog post ever. It was short and sweet (and a little cringe) but its the first blog post I ever created and I'm proud of it. A year on, I really hope I've improved slightly.

It's been a pretty eventful year for me: I finished high school, completed my GCSE's, went to prom, had a dance performance in town, started a new school along with starting AS levels as well as writing this little blog (just to name a few). I've shared a few of these experiences with you (still a little conscious of over sharing) as well as tried my hand at make-up looks, beauty reviews, tags and outfit posts. Now, I don't claim to be an expert in any of these areas but I write them in the hope that it helps someone struggling to create an outfit or in desperate need of a new lipstick. If I can help at least one person, then it's a job well done. So, whenever I read a comment along the lines of 'that's good, I'll check that out' I feel like I've helped someone and I've done something useful with my time rather than waste it stalking people on twitter which I do not do... 0_0

I feel it's important to mark milestones. I'm not a particularly sentimental person myself but when you achieve something or reach a goal I think you should take the time to sit back and look at what you have done.  I thought that the novelty of writing a blog would ware off after a month or two and I would lose interest but the whole experience has taken me by surprise. I enjoy creating posts. Whether it's writing a review or posing for an ootd post, I love every part of it. Seeing the response is probably the most scary part, but the amount of positivity I receive from fellow bloggers is overwhelming and I am so thankful to everyone who takes the time to follow, comment or just read this blog. It means a lot to me and I'm so glad that you like what I create. Your response makes it all worthwhile.

Part of the reason I created this blog was so that I could share my opinions with people who actually wanted to know what I had to say. I'm quite shy and often find that whenever I do try and say something, people tend to ignore me. This blog gives me a voice and the chance to be heard. I love chatting to you guys in the comments, reading each comment honestly makes my day (wow, I've gone so cheesy). Seriously though, keep commenting, it's my favourite thing.

Cheers to another year!

Tasmin x

No comments:

Post a Comment