Sunday 3 August 2014

Sketchy Sundays: Disney Obsession


If you follow me on Instagram, you may have realised I have a problem. I just can't stop drawing Disney characters. Any evening that I'm feeling a tad bored, out comes the sketch book and then out of nowhere I've got Snow White or the Little Mermaid on my iPad and I'm sketching away. I have a sketchbook full of some of the most famous characters and I've even starting doing punk edits. I mean, who needs a social life when there's Disney?
The cartoon style is so simple and perfect which is why I love recreating it. Having your favourite childhood characters come to life on a page in front of you is exciting and rewarding. They take little time to create and I think they are great for people starting out with drawing. Being so recognisable means that, even if the drawing isn't 100% accurate, people will know what your drawing is and that really builds confidence.


Today was no exception for my obsession as I drew Princess Tiana from The Princess and the Frog. This is one of the newer Disney films so I'm a little unsure of how many of you will be familiar with it but I almost certain you would of heard of it. I just love her leaf crown; probably one of the best hair accessories of all the princesses. Plus any princess rocking some red lipstick is a favourite of mine. Did I ever mention I love red lipstick?


As always, let me know your thoughts in the comments and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Tasmin x

No comments:

Post a Comment