Sunday 18 January 2015

What's Different From High School?

My bestfriends and I on our last day of High School. All together now, aww!
I hope they don't mind I've but this up...
It's been over a year and a half now since I left High School and, to be honest, I don't really miss it. I went straight to Sixth Form so my routine didn't take a drastic change. However, there are a few little things that are different which I'm still finding fundamentally weird. They are the small insignificant things, and occasionally very strange things, that just make school not feel the same anymore which is a little sad. They've been playing on my mind recently and I thought I'd ought to share a few of them here and clear some head-space. I hope you don't mind.

Copycats: I was pretty much considered the class genius so whenever someone didn't complete their homework on time, I was the first person they went to. However, people are less lazy and more motivated to do their own work now and I am no longer flocked by people who "forgot" to do their homework. Either that or they go to someone else... 

People randomly stroking my hair: So this may not be a relatable one but yeah. Let's just clarify, it was never in a grope-y way, most definitely friendly. But seriously, I would just get people coming up to me and stroking my hair for absolutely no reason, then complimenting me on my silky hair. Pantene if you were wondering.;) Okay, it sounds a little creepy but they were nice and who doesn't want to get complimented? ... I went to a strange school...

Bus Banter: I hate to use the word banter but, in this case, it really is the only word that fits. In High School, there was a big group of my year that got the same bus home. We'd all sit at the back and everyone just had a laugh and I would find out all sorts of gossip. But it wasn't just my year group, after taking that bus for five years I got to know pretty much everyone on that bus and I could talk to anyone there. But now everyone has cars and there isn't a bus home anymore so it's a little bit lonelier. I remember the bus journey home was something I used to enjoy but now I'm walking all the way home in the rain by myself and it's just not that fun.

Knowing Everyone- It's not that my High School was small, we just all kind of got to know each other quite quickly and everyone was really nice. Yes, of course there were arguments but I think everyone would agree now that they were about really silly things and all is forgiven. Now when I walk into a room, I can guarantee that about 80% of the class don't even know my name. I'm a little fish in this huge pond, invisible to all the other fish and I'm too shy to say hi. I have made friends, but it would just be nice if everyone at least made the effort to learn my name like I have tried with them.

Okay, so that is a little insight into my brain. They really aren't things that I should let clog up my thoughts but I'm working on it. Has anyone else transferred schools and found weird differences or realised they miss the most random things? Share them in the comments below, let me know I'm not the only one!

Tasmin x

No comments:

Post a Comment