Wednesday 4 February 2015

February Playlist

The sun has not held back this year, however the temperature is most definitely seasonal.
I have been incredibly busy the past few weeks so I am sorry for the absence. However, lets forget about me for now and get to the music.

James Bay- Hold Back The River: Winner of this years Critics Choice Brit Award, it was only a matter of time before James Bay crept into one of my playlists. I love this song. I mean, I really love this song. I believe the river is a metaphor for tears and when he says hold back he means stop crying so he can look into your eyes. (You know a songs good when it makes you actually think what it's all about.) It's just a simply beautiful song that the whole world should be listening to.

Fall Out Boy- American Beauty/ American Psycho: Adding a touch of rock and roll to the playlist with a spot of F.O.B. I particularly like the music video for this song, mainly because it shows a ballerina beating up a huge gang. Whoever said ballet isn't tough has most definitely been proved wrong.

All Time Low- Somethings Gotta Give: Zombie fans will love the video for this one. After a little break, the lads have come back with a classic ALT sounding track. I'm not entirely sure why, but there's something about All Time Low songs that I just find relatable and this is no different. I just can't put my finger on it...

McBusted- Before You Knew Me: I currently have this song on repeat, I am completely obsessed. It is the perfect mix of humorous lyrics and an infectious beat that is guaranteed to cheer me up after a long day at school. Still not convinced? Here's a line: 'you were S Club 7, now you look like a Slip Knot groupie.' Brilliant.

5 Seconds of Summer- Out of My Limit: Because it really isn't RazMaTaz-Girl playlist without a bit of 5SOS.

Sia- Elastic Heart: Obviously I can't avoid talking about this controversial video. Some people have been very offended by this music video and, although I understand their point of view, I do feel they have interpreted the video incorrectly. I feel that Maddie (incredible performance from her by the way) represents all the problems in Shia Le Boeuf's characters life. It is a strange video but it is also very powerful and highlights some pure talent. I feel that sadly the controversy is overshadowing this which is a shame.

Catfish and the Bottlemen- Kathleen: If only the album cover wasn't so crude... I've been struggling to remember the name for this song for months, then it popped up on the radio instantly reminding of this great track. Plus, what a great name for a band! If you're a fan of The 1975, I think you'll like these guys.

Circa Waves- Fossils: Ones of the little gems I discovered from listening to a lot of Radio 1 this past month. With the freezing cold weather at the moment, I sometimes like to listen to songs that feel a little more summery as a little pick-me-up from the winter blues, and this track is a new one on the list.

And that's all for this month. As always, I have the audio version of this playlist available here in case you want a listen. What tracks are you loving at the moment? Let me know in the comments below.

Tasmin x

No comments:

Post a Comment