Tuesday 15 December 2015

I Survived My First Term


I got back to rainy ol' Guernsey Monday afternoon and I already feel lost without my uni crew. I get left alone a lot here whereas I am constantly surrounded by people back at uni. It's a bit of a shock and I used to think I was okay, even happy with the solitude, but now it's a little lonely.

Before September, it was becoming increasingly obvious that I was unhappy. I had been for a rather long time. But since moving to uni, I'm genuinely happy and I think my new friends are the reason.

I have a great group of friends. The best friends I've ever had. We refer to ourselves as a squad and we all kinda just clicked instantly. I think the fact that we are all so far from home and still learning to fend for ourselves has made us all bond so quickly. I won't go into great detail on them all as I'm not entirely sure how comfortable they are with me talking about them online like this (most don't know about this old thing I try and pass as a blog) but they are all lovely people with a collectively great sense of humour. We stay up late chatting and playing card games together. We have flat jams where my flatmates play their guitar and ukulele as well as many parties. Yes the stereotype is true, there is always a party somewhere in uni halls and I've done my best to fully experience uni life- always with some friends by my side. 

I couldn't have asked for a better start to uni and I never imagined I would be having this much fun or make so many incredible friends. I'm just having the time of my life and I don't want it to stop. I need to stop with the cliche cheesiness but it's true, I'm having the best time. It's great to come and catch up friends and family but I am so excited to go back.

Tasmin x

No comments:

Post a Comment